Free Shipment To USA
Cat Number: GEN-9015
Gentaur Dog Brucella Ab Test is a lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Ehrlichia Canis antibody (Ehrlichia Ab) in canine’s whole blood, serum or plasma.
PRINCIPLE OF THE ASSAY
Gentaur Dog Brucella Ab Test is based on competitive lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has a testing window. The testing window has coated T (test line) zone and C (control line) zone. When sample is applied into the cassette sample reservoir, the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If there is enough C. Brucella antibodies in the sample, a visible T band will not appear. The C band, acting as a procedural control, should always appear after a sample is applied and indicates a valid result.
- Ten (10) foil pouches, each containing one cassette, one pipette and a desiccant
- One (1) assay buffer
- One (1) instructions for use SAMPLE
PREPARATION AND TEST PROCEDURE
Collect canine whole blood, serum or plasma according to normal veterinary lab procedure.
- If the specimen and/or test kit are stored at refrigerated condition, bring them to room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before testing.
- Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it on a flat and dry surface.
- Use the enclosed transfer pipet to apply 5 µL (black line) of the sample to the sample well (S).
- When the specimen is completely absorbed, apply 3 drops (80 µL) of assay buffer into the sample well (S) respectively.
- Read the result within 10-15 minutes.
Note: Result after 15 minutes may not be accurate.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Negative: The presence of both C band and T band within the result window, no matter the color intensity of the defined T band.
Positive: Only clear C band appears.
Invalid: No colored band appears in C zone, no matter whether the T band appears.
The kit can be stored at refrigerated or room temperature (4-30°C). The test kit is stable through the expiration date marked on the foil pouch. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit under direct sunlight.
- For best results, please strictly follow the instructions.
- All reagents must be placed at room temperature before running the assay.
- Do not remove test cassette from its pouch until immediately before use.
- Do not reuse the test kit.
- Do not use the test beyond its expiration date marked on the foil pouch.
- 6. The components in this kit have been quality control tested as a standard batch unit. Do not mix components from different lots.
Gentaur Canine Brucella Ab Test is for in vitro diagnostic use only. It provides the preliminary diagnostic result. The veterinarian should make the diagnosis based on all clinical information available.
SENSITIVITY AND SPECIFICITY
Compared with Predicate ELISA assay kit, Gentaur Dog Brucella Ab Test has a sensitivity of 100% and specificity of 98.1%. The overall agreement is 99% with a high correlation (kappa = 0.9801).